Recommended number of participants: 10–30
Location: The Karst
Duration: 3–6 hours (as agreed with the client; overnight accommodation also available)
Focus: socialising, self-motivation, time management, negotiation skills, organisation of work, and team management
Recommended for: IT departments, executives, small business groups, management teams, R&D, marketing and sales departments.
Time can be our greatest ally or enemy, even in the modern-day business world. It all comes down to us and us alone – to how good our business negotiation skills are, how good we are at protecting our interests, and what goals we set. With this Karst adventure, the participants learn how to set realistic goals, manage time and consequently avoid conflict situations. In addition, they learn how to take responsibility and delegate work tasks.
This programme can be expanded to include a soft skills workshop on the four key team skills (organisation, motivation, communication and trust within teams). At the client’s request the programme can also be extended to two days.
The programme helps develop and promote the following in a team:
- the basics of team organisation and management,
- a positive atmosphere,
- time management,
- working together as a team,
- good communication,
- team planning,
- personal satisfaction, fun and a good sense of humour.
The participants will learn the following (results achieved):
- how to maintain motivation within a team,
- how to correctly assess the team’s work capacity,
- how to establish negotiating positions,
- a sense of belonging and loyalty to the company,
- active communication skills,
- how to avoid conflict situations,
- how to delegate tasks,
- to respect and consider the views and opinions of others,
- how to reach and enforce compromises,
- how to check and set the team’s goals,
- to take responsibility.